My motto at the moment is progress not perfection…
Yesterday I finally got a good loop in training. A loop for those of you non kayaking readers is a full aerial summersault while still remaining in the play feature.( I have provided a video of my first good loop as proof!)
Now this is after probably 100 times of falling on my head and doing all sorts of spastic renditions of this manuver.
So what am I learning from all of this?
1. That to get good at something you have to do it over and over and over again
2. It doesn’t happen overnight
3. My elbows hurt
4. It’s the small everyday achievements that really count.
5. It takes alot of crashing before you get it
6. Patience is a virtue
7. Ego needs to be chucked out the window before getting in the water
8. Getting good at something isn’t easy
9. It feels really good when you finally get it!
10. Learning never ends….