“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.”
Well..here is Vlog #11. I am pretty nervous about putting this one out there. I think because I am sharing all of what has stood out in the past year, and it is not just the funny and positive. I have been thinking alot about the year and what I have learned by embarking on this journey of self discovery. Really it all boils down to accepting myself, which isn’t always as easy as it sounds. I am getting closer. I am now at maybe 75%. I still think I could lose weight, and looking at my footage think I looked better in the beginning than I do now. But I know it shouldn’t be about how I look, but who I am. Hard to get away from the mirror tho and everyday I think if only I was a little thinner than I will feel ok about myself. So I know that is my true test. When I look at the mirror and say “you look Damn Good” I will let you know.
But I am proud of myself for putting this video out there even when I am not 100% happy with my weight or how I look. I do have to say I feel more free now putting it out there. I am facing my fears and saying who cares. This is me. I am being honest and it’s life.
Here is some of what I have learned so far:
- Discipline – making myself do it even when that little voice chimes in and says how bout we skip that today. Hear the voice and do it anyway
- Eventually I have begun to like the things I initially felt resistance towards
- It’s not that hard. It’s my mind that makes it hard
- It is ok to not be good at the beginning. If I do something everyday I am bound to get better eventually
- Getting things done in the morning is better than putting it off til the end of the day
- Getting up early sets me up to get those things done
- Getting out of my own way
- Inner satisfaction is more rewarding than external compliments or awards
- Letting my light shine allows others to do the same
So those are a few of the lessons I have learned this year.
I am grateful for embarking on this journey. I still have 2 1/2 months before the World Champs and alot of work to do, but I do feel changed from a year ago.
Today I am grateful for feeling the fear and doing it anyway.