Two years ago I went to India for the first time.
Specifically to study yoga at the source of Ashtanga yoga, Mysore.
I went to Mysore feeling lost, and asking for my life purpose.
The answer I got was:
You know you are on purpose if what you are doing makes you thrive.
So I asked myself, what makes me thrive?
- Different cultures
- Being outside/ nature
- Spiritual connection
- New experiences
- Being of service
Suddenly I felt like I got the point. I realized that these are the things that make me happy, and settling down and doing what I saw everyone else doing around me wasn’t going to do it for me.
My three months in Mysore left me a changed person, and I knew I had to return to India.
Nine months later I was back.
The best advice I got about traveling in India is that India is like a magnifying glass. What ever you put out comes back to you MAGNIFIED.
This was so true.
I quickly put aside any fear about my trip and began setting my positive intentions:
- I have a smooth and easy time in India
- I meet amazing, friendly, nice people
- I am always safe and protected
- I deepen my spiritual connection
- I have amazing adventures
I began reciting my intentions over and over in my head.
The six months I spent this second time in India were truly magical. Every intention I set happened to the maximum degree.
- I met amazing people.
- I always felt safe.
- I got amazing places to stay.
- I accomplished all of my adventures. (Cycling from Manali to Leh, Cycling from Leh to Srinagar, kayaking the Zanskar Gorge and Upper Indus, Trekking the Marka Valley)
- I deepened my spiritual practices
- I made an amazing short film
- I became a certified Ashtanga yoga teacher
- I met a healer and did alot of personal growth work
- I met my life partner
- Doors opened.
Every single intention I set happened.
(Truth be told I didn’t want to leave, and can’t wait to go back.)
My whole life changed while I was there, and it felt like true transformation.
I deepened my commitment to yoga, healing, and meditation. And it is now the path I am pursuing.
I got the feeling while I was in India to come to Bali, and that Bali would be my new base.
I am now in Bali.
Never having been here before I am trusting the guidance and doors are opening.
My new intention is:
- Thank you for the magnificent outcome in Bali
My heart feels like it is still in India, and sometimes I wonder why I am here and not there.
I am getting clear that my purpose in life is this journey of self discovery and where it brings me.
Bali is bringing:
- amazing connections with like minded people
- fantastic yoga
- lovely local people
- calm, peace, and healthy living
- continued personal growth
Everyday I am feeling grateful that I took the first step two years ago to go to India, and continue this journey of self discovery.
What led me there was yoga, faith, and following my heart.
A friend once told me that taking a leap of faith is like being on the flying trapeze. You can’t grab the next trapeze until you let go of the one you are on.
So I have let go of the old trapeze. I am asking for guidance everyday, and trusting that I am exactly where I am meant to be right now, and that the more I open, doors will open, and it is proving to be true.